We are proud to announce the launch of BOOTLEG. BOOTLEG is a decentralized NFT protocol for generating BOOTLEG NFTs. Each BOOTLEG NFT modifies the metadata of an original NFT with unique glitches, effects, and other rarity traits.
We were originally trying to devise a way for NFT owners to create perfect copies of their NFTs. We kept noticing strange glitches and memes appearing in the copies, and occasionally we’d even notice a little poop.
So we decided to go with it.
The official BOOTLEG app can be used for minting BOOTLEG NFTs. Each BOOTLEG NFT contains the following:
- A short snippet of the original image or video content
- A BOOTLEG logo (randomly selected from a library of various versions)
- A meme (or deep-dream meme)
- Image glitching effects
Here is an example of the video metadata generated when minting a BOOTLEG NFT:
The BOOT token is required to generate BOOTLEG NFTs. You can mine BOOT using NFTX tokens and can buy BOOT on Uniswap. The BOOT fee required to mint a BOOTLEG NFT increases by 100 BOOT after every minting transaction. The BOOT token should only be acquired to mint BOOTLEG NFTs.
BOOTLEG NFTs are randomly assigned one of the following four rarity classes:
Rarity Class: BOOTY (63%) — Contains glitches and random meme
Rarity Class: DREAMY (23%) — Deep dream memes
Rarity Class: POOPY (10%) — DREAMY + a little monochrome poop
Rarity Class: RAINBOW POOPY (4%) — DREAMY + a little rainbow poop
The rarity class and an identifier for the meme that is randomly chosen for the BOOTLEG NFT are included in the BOOTLEG NFT’s metadata.
That’s all, folks. And remember, sometimes the real poop is the friends you make along the way. 💩
A few additional links and notes:
- BUY BOOT ON UNISWAP
- Official BOOTLEG app
- Official BOOTLEG documentation
- Please review our terms prior to creating BOOTLEG NFTs. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws including copyright laws. The name BOOTLEG is a reference to the inferior quality of BOOTLEG tokens, and is not a reference to copyright infringement. As an additional precaution, the metadata description for all BOOTLEG NFTs starts with the following disclaimer: “This Bootleg NFT is a parody of the original NFT and has no value.”.
- BOOT is only meant to be used for utilizing the BOOTLEG app and not as an investment. Do not buy BOOT with the expectation of profiting from its price appreciation as it has no inherent value.
- Before launching and while we were completing final testing and auditing, we had created a Uniswap liquidity pool for BOOT tokens and a number of people started acquiring these tokens prior to any type of announcement being made about the availability of BOOT tokens. Shortly after this time, we learned that because of a bug in the contract code an economic attack was taking place that resulted in NFTX being removed from the staking contract and almost all emitted BOOT tokens being earned by the attacker. The ongoing attack was continuously selling BOOT and draining the 90-day locked liquidity pool, and we decided to sell unlocked BOOT to save some of the funds that would be lost through the draining of the liquidity pool, redeploy a new BOOT ERC-20 token contract instance and airdrop balances to holders of the original token. If you were one of these people who purchased the original BOOT token and either did not receive an airdrop or you received an incorrect amount, please fill out this form.